Monday, October 21, 2019

GREAT VALUE BEEF FAJITA STRIP - For Food Storage - REVIEW


Ever wondered what the Great Value Fajita Seasoned Beef Strips tasted like? 

I surely did, as this was either going to be a YAY, or a NAY for our food storage. 


Okay, lots of MSG. My bad. I didn't read the label. I literally tossed this in the shopping cart (Walmart) as this can was less than $3 (forgot exact amount)


The main reason I am interested in canned meat is for longterm food storage.


Lot's of "sauce" 



Meat was drained for the beef fajitas 


Initially, the meat did not have the firm texture of fajita strips. The taste of this meat is just like
eating the beef from a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew. If you're not familiar with Dinty Moore,
then the best way to describe this meat is that it is very tender and has a processed (chemical) taste. (Dinty Moore, actually tastes better) 


After trying a piece by iteslf, AND after pan frying with salt, pepper, garlic, and turned into a fajita.... 
This Great Value Beef Fajita Strip meat has earned a score of....

 4.5 out of a possible 10 
(2 opinions sampled this. Spouse scored this a 5, I scored this a 4)  
(Pros - cost, precooked food storage / Cons - overly processed flavor, msg) 

NAY! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your review. Just got a can to try but I will probably not buy it again lol