Monday, November 12, 2018

FREEZE DRIED COLBY CHEESE - Is it any good? Augason Farms REVIEW


 I love the idea that I can keep cheese on my shelf for 30 years! Let's see if the taste will hold up too!












I purchased the Augason Farms Freeze Dried Colby Cheese this
 October 2018 from Amazon for $27.59


This is a 1 pound can of freeze dried cheese 


This can is just a little more than half full. 


The cheese is hard and crunchy and surprisingly DELICIOUS 


Instructions: soak in warm water for 15-20 minutes...



Cheese has been drained and now ready for a real taste test... 


This freeze dried cheese has passed the test in every way. It is very good and I confess that I found myself popping the dry cheese into my mouth several times before I realized what I was doing.

This is possibly one of those comfort foods that is just worth the price to keep around in food storage. Of course, this is my own opinion, but I would definitely buy this product again. 

Stay tuned for recipes with freeze dried food 




No comments: