Sunday, October 19, 2008

Homemade Onion Rings

Here's an incredibly easy snack to make. FRIED ONION RINGS!

I slice fresh onions, using a tong to dip each ring into PANCAKE BATTER. The pancake mix I buy is the add water only brands that cost about a dollar a box.



Using my iron skillet, I add enough oil for the rings to float. Flip rings over to brown both sides. They fry fast and are so easy to make!
Drain on paper towels and salt. This batch took less than 10 min to slice, batter, and fry!

They are the crispiest and best onion rings ever!


3 comments:

Patty said...

Jonathan loves onion rings but I would never have thought to use pancake batter.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy and I never thought of pancake mix either
Thanks for the tip.

Tiff said...

YUMMY!! I love onion rings...another recipe I must print out..thanks again for sharing..hope all is well your way!! :)