Wednesday, October 17, 2018

DEHYDRATED BELL PEPPERS - Augason Farms Review


For anyone curious about commercialized Dehydrated Bell Peppers, I opened up a can of my Augason Farms brand. I had purchased a prior can (shown on left) of Augason Farms Dehydrated Bell Peppers about 6 years ago, and you can see the difference in labels. 


21 years till this can expires. My recent purchase is good for the next 30 years! 


Packed solid with 3" of clearance from top 



Vitamin A - 20% Vitamin C - 160%







The dehydrated bell peppers pack a lot of flavor - very good. As you can see, the size has not changed much after adding water, so the dehydrated is best used as seasonings, or toppings. 

Some ideas for meals:

Soups
Goulash
Casseroles
Seasonings 
toppings
omelets
Chili
 

I paid $11.32 on Amazon, and with the high prices of produce, I think the dry version is easier on the buck. But better, you can't beat this longterm food storage option, especially when growing your own is not possible due to climate or circumstances. Not to mention, dehydrated food takes up less space/weight!  I give this product a HIGH FIVE 



No comments: