Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thy Garden Groweth Over

Now that my vacation is over, it is time to focus on my home. My garden needed desperate weeding! With caution, I pulled, and pulled, and pulled. I half expected to grab the tail of a snake.
Many of my melons and cantaloupes were buried under grass.

Does this look like work, or what?




This past week, I added more veggies to pots. I planted several varieties of beans, corn, squash, and more okra.
I figured it would take 2 days to weed my garden. I filled basket, after basket, after basket with weeds and grass...


Surprisingly, it only took 2 hours!


Look how nice it looks, and no snakes!

My Mediterranean melons are thriving!


Some of my bounty...

My beautiful French Brocade Marigold's.

Would you like some Marigold seeds? These are certified Organic. Grow your flowers and save your seeds forever. From my garden to yours. Send me an email and I'll mail them to you for free, or if you live in the area, swing on by!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Only 2 hours? Lucky you!!! We have been slowly weeding in the evening or early morning. This morning I maganged to weed half the green beans and hopefully I will finish those this evening. The garden is looking so much better but goodness, it is taking us more than 2 hours! It will be so worth it once we are finished.

Helen Ruth said...

I had to jump in the pool when I was half done to cool off! I figured I'd rather wrestle with the sun, than mosquitoes in the early morn, or late eve!

Anonymous said...

What a mess of weeds but its looking good now. Let me know how you like the eggplants and peppers.. my mouth waters when I look at them... Matthew asked me today if I'd fix those bacon wrapped jalapenos for the 4th so I plan to start picking now, wrapping them minus the cheese and freeze them until needed.

Laura said...

Good Morning, Helen!
Your garden looks great...boy, did you do a lot of work! It is amazing how quickly those weeds can take over...definitely have a mind of their own!
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Laura