Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Potato Beef Casserole


This potato casserole is one of my family's favorite dishes. If you haven't tried any of my recipe's, don't pass this one up. It's easy to make, economical, and a staple!


Ground as much beef as you need. 1 - 3 lbs, cook and drain.

Peel potatoes and thinly slice.

Mix in a family sized Cream of Mushroom soup with the ground beef.

Grease pan with vegetable shortening and line entire pan bottom with potato slices.

Pour mixture into pan.

Layer potato slices on top of mixture, and along sides of pan. Salt and pepper. Bake at 350 -400 for 1 to 1.2 hours (depending on how crispy you want the potatoes.)
Double this recipe for large meals and gatherings. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Patty said...

I am so glad you posted about this casserole; it has been awhile since I have made it.

Anonymous said...

That sure does look good and I'll have to give it a try.

Daisy said...

Unfortunately my dh being the picky eater that he is ... won't let me use any cream soup in my recipes. There's so many things I can't make because of that! This being one of them! :o( It looks yummy though!