Tuesday, July 5, 2016

TRAVEL DIARY - trip to Middle East



In 2010, my 12-year-old daughter and I backpacked through Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It was a dream come true for me, and a large part of her homeschooling for that year. We spent the entire year preparing for the trip - getting into shape, studying ancient history, geography, languages, and math. After our trip, I immediately blogged about each day to ensure I wouldn't forget any small details and to log all of our photos.

Two years later, I published it into a travel memoir. This book is available on Amazon for FREE for Kindle Unlimited, or it can be purchased & downloaded for $2.99

If you choose to read from the blog, it would be easiest to click from BLOG ARCHIVES for JULY 2016 (to your right) and scroll down for each day in order - DAY 1, DAY 2, DAY 3, etc. Or, you can click TRAVEL DIARY from the box above and scroll down and read in order. For some reason, DAY 8 is not in place, so you'll have to hunt for it in the mix.


My motivation to take the trip started here, on the blog post, BOOTS & BACKPACKS
And my other post, HOW TO CRAM 18 DAYS INTO A BACKPACK



If you're contemplating a trip like this, I am ALWAYS happy to share ideas and tips on keeping this trip safe and affordable.







No comments: