Saturday, June 28, 2014

Augason Farms Dehydrated Potatoes - REVIEW



This is a review on the Augason Farm's dehydrated potatoes. The curiosity got the best of us. Imagine being able to store potatoes in your cabinet for the next several decades.
 
Do these REALLY taste good?
 
Let's find out!



Time to find out NOW before investing too much money on food we dislike.




Freshly opened can.
 
 

Allow dehydrated potatoes to sit in water between 15-30 min
 
 
Approximately 20 min later
 
 
Potatoes have been drained. Now pan frying in iron skillet with peanut oil.
 

Of course, this isn't "fresh" potatoes, so on a scale of 1-10 for "dehydrated" food, this scored a solid

10

First of all, it tasted exactly like you'd expect a potato to taste. What I also liked about this is the texture. When I fry potatoes, I like a little bit of soft and crunchy combined. Since the potatoes were originally hard, and then softened, there's a combination of both.
 
My husband and I are very pleased with this product!
 
 On my Facebook page -  A Slice of Texas, I'll be including information on where I've found this cheaper to purchase (than on the actual Augason Farm's website.)  
 
Feel free to visit my A SLICE OF TEXAS page on Facebook -- I'll be posting updates on when I do the next food review, as well as adding more dishes to my PREPPER'S KITCHEN section.
 
This was fun, and breakfast was delicious!
 

No comments: