Sunday, February 8, 2009

Texas Memorial Museum

We visited the Texas Memorial Museum today.


The bug specimens were beautiful.



Lovely!

Today, was the celebration of Charles Darwin. Booths were spread about and evolutionists were showing fossils. One man in particular was proudly showing off ACTUAL dried plants that Darwin himself had collected on The Galapagos island. When he repeated that Darwin himself had touched that exact plant (and I didn't show any reaction) He turned disappointedly to the next guy and said, "I don't know about you, but THAT gives me chills"... The other guy nodded in agreement.

The next plant he showed me (pictured above) is an actual specimen that Captain Cook had collected in the 1700's.








Dinosaur track from Glen Rose Texas.

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you had a nice afternoon..
About all I did was wash a load of clothes and baked a duck for dinner.

Patty said...

What a fun place but all those bugs are giving me the creeps!

P.S. Pamela is looking too grown up.

Daisy said...

LOOK at those bugs! :oP I had to laugh at the Charles Darwin plant comment! LOL!

Daisy said...

By the way .. I have a "lovely blog" award just for you! Stop by if you will and pick it up. :)

Ann said...

Beautiful bugs.....for some reason, I found that comment funny. Looks like you all had a great day. We had a bbq Sunday and planned several outings with our friends for this spring and summer. I'm getting anxious!

Tiff said...

What an awesome time you all had..love the pics! :)