Sunday, February 15, 2009

Roast Beef Stir-Fry

Here's a delicious idea for ROAST. This is one of my favorites. I usually wait for roasts to go on sale at HEB for $1.99 lb and stock up. (They're on sale this week till Wed.)

Add some cooking oil to skillet and pan fry roast. I season with 1/2 stick of real butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer, turning to season other side.
While roast is cooking, chop some veggies: I use zucchini, bell peppers, onions, and canned mushrooms. If you prefer, you can substitute with broccoli, raw mushrooms, fresh green beans, carrots, etc.
After meat is cooked, slice roast into strips and return to the skillet - do not drain. Add chopped vegetables, stir, and cover with lid for no more than 10 minutes. We prefer our vegetables cooked, but not soggy.

The meat is juicy and tender!


4 comments:

Patty said...

Now all you need is mashed potatoes, gravy and home baked rolls.

Anonymous said...

That sure looks delicious.. I'll have to remember to give it a try.

Mary said...

That sure looks good! Thanks for posting on the Barbies on my site. I went to college in Texas: Abilene Christian, and graduated in 1977. My grandmother's name was Helen.

Daisy said...

Looks Good! We like our veggies the same way. Except for onions, they have to be cooked real well because they bother my dh if they aren't.