Saturday, November 10, 2018

PORTABLE GENERATOR - Aeiusny 500 Watt REVIEW


I purchased this from Amazon in June 2018 for $279.99 

Currently, the price has gone up to $300.00 

Why I purchased a portable generator

Power Outages
Camping
Boondocking
Mobility 

Why I chose the Aeiusny generator

Can be charged 3 ways:
electricity
car
solar 



Off Grid Portable Generator

The Aeiusny came with everything I needed to charge from the wall outlet, car, and solar. 


With no electricity, and air conditioning, I was dependent on this generator to keep my fans running, my phone charged, and something to plug my USB light into while boondocking overnight on a roadtrip, as well as primitive camping for several days in July. 

Having plenty of battery to run my fans all night, life was bearable, and I was impressed at how quickly the Aeiusny Generator recharged by using my car charger while driving.  Now I needed to test it with solar. 


Purchased in August for $103.95  Currently on Amazon for $96.95.  


Unfortunately, the solar panel needed an adapter cable to hook up to the solar input connector that came with the generator. I purchased the connector cable from Amazon for $8.99



My solar panel is charging, but the cable is so short, my Aeiusny generator has to remain nearby in the shade. This is not ideal, especially if needing to charge out in the open, risking theft. Not to mention, when it's extremely hot outside or it starts to rain. 

I went online and purchased another cable to add length. 



I paid $28.99 for the 20 foot extension cable and was finally able to charge via the solar panel while the battery remained indoors. No problems recharging with solar. Naturally it takes longer to charge than the conventional method with electricity, but it works! And best of all, in a worst case emergency, I now have a back-up plan.

Now I have everything I need to successfully charge my battery from every source possible, whether plugging it into electricity at home, or at a coffee shop. I can charge from my car while on the road, or I can bring my solar panel and charge while camping and boondocking in the sun.  With this battery, I have so far tested with my laptops, tablets, cellphone, Kindle Fire, Christmas lights, box fan, lamps -- completely happy with this battery and would buy this again. This portable generator is perfect in every way as I have so many connectors and options. Not to mention, the built in flashlight comes in handy, and there's no guesswork when needing to know how much charge is left. As for sound, from a scale of 1-10, the "rushing air" hum is about a 2-3. This means you can stealth camp without bothering your neighbors. 

As for the Mighty Max solar panel, I am on the market for something with the same watts, but smaller and easier to pack. THIS panel is as large as a window, heavy and bulky. It was the cheapest I could locate at the time. What I will end up doing with this panel is having it installed to the top of my van permanently, and buy a foldable panel to keep at home for back-up. 

All of the links are included on what to buy to make sure your generator has everything you need - saving you the headache of trying to piece together the exact cables and connectors. 

Hope this review helps with all of the links, and stay tuned for my next review as you won't believe how I retested this battery! 






No comments: