Wednesday, June 13, 2018

FREE BEACH CAMPING - TEXAS




Magnolia Beach is one of my favorite places to boondock! No electricity, no running water, but can you beat free beachfront property? Seriously, I counted my steps from the tent to the water's edge - less than 12.


No worries on getting stuck in the sand. I've seen everything from large RV'S to small cars parked on the water's edge. The beach is packed solid with coarse sand and lots of shells, so bring sandals. Otherwise, tiptoe to the water's edge and have fun sorting for treasures and seashells. 


There appears to be no restrictions on the beach except no glass containers. With no assigned spots, it is easy to find a location to camp, and if the beach is busy with swimmers, just wait till the crowds are gone. You can find an ideal location near the water's edge in the evening and have a bonfire. Bring your own firewood. 


Pets are welcome. 

 How I stay hydrated in this Texas heat is to first set up shade with a nice breeze, plenty of water, and cold refreshments! 

For primitive cooking, I used my CAMPING STOVE 
and after dark, I ran solar lights. 

Bonus is the visiting ice cream truck! 

Best of all, watching the sun dip at the end of the day. 

Stay up all night stargazing, watching the barge lights off in the distance, or night fishing.  





Magnolia Beach also has bathrooms with free showers! I caught this crab using the facility. 

And of course, waking up early to watch the sky change colors... 

For a better glimpse, I drove through the beach passing the bathroom/showers. You'll also notice there are free pavilions available as well. 

To get there, I just drive to port Lavaca, and take 238 to 316 and follow the signs. 
Here's the GPS address28.555339, -96.525888

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous! Will definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!