Friday, January 5, 2018

5 BENEFITS for using a bread machine - Oster REVIEW


This review is for those (like me) who don't have a need for another space-hogging-kitchen-gadget.

So after hearing my mother/sister rave about their bread machines and the fact that they were out baking me by ten to one... 

I broke down and purchased the Oster - 2lb EXPRESSBAKE BREADMAKER  (due to my mother's recommendation, as she had owned several brands) 


The top 5 benefits I've discovered: 



1.) JUST ADD INGREDIENTS - No bowl needed - no mixing - plop pan into machine and press buttons. So easy your kids could bake!

2.) NO BABYSITTING -  After pressing buttons, linger just long enough to ensure dough is mixing/consistent, then allow machine to do the timed intervals of allowing dough to rise and bake! The booklet that comes with your machine gives a glimpse into the timed stages for each process. 



3.) NO OVEN NEEDED - During the summer, cooking from the machine is a breeze as this doesn't heat up the house. Not to mention, a safety feature if you want to press the button and leave the home for the day (this machine has a 13 hour delayed timer) Return to some fresh baked bread! 



4.) TIME SAVER -  We could save money by doing things the old fashioned way, but isn't time more valuable than money? Not to mention, how many times have you skipped baking bread because you were just plain tired or short on time? 

Ingredients from the store...  

5.) NO PRESERVATIVES - And of course, how can one dispute  the health benefits of fresh homemade bread with minimal ingredients? Not to mention, if you're on a restricted diet, you can save money by making your own gluten, or sugar free loaves. 


                                             ~~~

I am thrilled with my new Oster bread machine. My only recommendation if you are contemplating on buying one is that this machine needs to be placed on a counter or table where it cannot move. If the surface is slippery, the machine could move while in the mixing process. I now place mine on a non-skid surface, or block with an object. I am speaking from experience! With my first machine, I left the kitchen to hear a crash 5 mintues later. My machine was across the kitchen floor, dough lying in a heap in front of my guilty looking dog. The cord yanked from the wall, as it had tumbled off the counter. Believe it or not, it still worked, but the heating element was off by a bit. 

Amazon replaced my machine free of charge, so this is my second machine. 










No comments: