Thursday, June 11, 2009

Six Chicks!

Well, I've been say'n I was going to do this for months. I FINALLY broke down and picked up some chicks!
Last weekend my neighbor was throwing out lumber! No more excuses. I can now build a coop.
We selected a variety of Longhorn, Buff Orpington, Feather Footed Bantam, etc. The girls named them ---- Chelsea, Cleopatra, Charlotte, Luna, Jessie, and Penelope.
For the time being, they'll hole up in the dog crate.
Only 1 day old...
No Barbarilla, this is NOT your dinner.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I can hardly believe you did it!

I like to pull grass and put it on the bottom of their cage; the poop will fall down in between the blades and keep the cage cleaner.

The WoodLand School said...

Congratulations! This is just such an exciting event! Can't wait to hear how things progress (and the inevitable stories that evolve).

Ann said...

I can't help but wonder if they are some I mailed to your local farm store! lol Love the names.

Daisy said...

Oh cool! Congratulations!